XXVI IUPAP Conference on
Computational Physics, CCP2014
August 11-14, 2014, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Please note, the deadline for some CCP2014 discounted hotels has been extended to July 24, 2014!
The deadline for abstracts for contributed oral presentations has passed (June 15). Notifications to authors who submitted by the deadline were sent out on July 1.
Late submissions of poster abstracts will be accepted until July 31.
CCP is a series of conferences held annually under the auspicies of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) on the basis of endorsement by its Commission on Computational Physics (C20). The purpose of the conference series is to bring together computational scientists working in physics and closely related areas to exchange the latest developments in computational techniques and their applications.
CCP2014 will feature plenary, invited, and contributed talks as well as poster presentations in the following topical areas:
- Classical statistical mechanics and complex systems
- Soft-matter, polymer, and biological physics
- Materials science and nano science (e.g., structure, dynamics, electronic structure, multi-scale methods)
- Fluid dynamics, turbulence, nano-fluidics, magnetohydrodynamics
- Quantum many-body physics (e.g., lattice models, ground states, quantum-criticality, novel methods)
- Quantum computation
- Lattice field theory in particle and nuclear physics
- Astrophysics, space-plasma physics, gravitation, cosmology
- Computational-physics education
- Novel hardware and software paradigms (e.g., GPU computing, cloud computing, the path to exa-scale computing)
The Proceedings of CCP2014 will be published in Journal of Physics: Conference Series.
March 11, 2014
- Discounted (“early bird”) on-line registration opens, abstract submission opens
June 1, 2014 (extended to June 15)
- Abstract submission for contributed talks closes (still open for posters)
June 2, 2014
- full-price registration fee applies
July 1, 2014
- Decisions on contributed talks/posters sent to authors.
July 31, 2014
- Conference program posted on-line, on-line registration ends, poster abstracts deadline.
August 10, 2014
- On-site registration starts in the afternoon.
November 10, 2014
- Deadline for submission of manuscripts for the Proceedings.
Sponsors of CCP2014
- IUPAP (International Union for Pure and Applied Physics)
- The American Physical Society (Division of Computational Physics)
- Boston University
- Harvard University
- Northeastern University (College of Science, College of Engineering)
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- Boston College
- Clark University
- Intel Corporation
To secure IUPAP sponsorship, the organizers have provided assurance that CCP2014 will be conducted in accordance with IUPAP principles as stated in the ICSU-Document “Universality of Science” (sixth edition, 1989) regarding the free circulation of scientists for international purposes. In particular, no bona fide scientist will be excluded from participation on the grounds of national origin, nationality, or political considerations unrelated to science.
Other organizations endorsing CCP2014