XXVI IUPAP Conference on
Computational Physics, CCP2014
August 11-14, 2014, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
On-line registration closed. On-site registration opens Sunday, Aug 10, 1:30 PM. For directions to the conference venue go here.
Welcome reception, Sunday August 10, 5:30 – 7:30 PM.
Please join with other conference participants for a relaxing evening with complimentary drinks and snacks! Location: at the CCP2014 conference venue – the George Sherman Union (GSU) at Boston University.
CCP is a series of conferences held annually under the auspicies of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) on the basis of endorsement by its Commission on Computational Physics (C20). The purpose of the conference series is to bring together computational scientists working in physics and closely related areas to exchange the latest developments in computational techniques and their applications.
CCP2014 will feature plenary, invited, and contributed talks as well as poster presentations in the following topical areas:
- Classical statistical mechanics and complex systems
- Soft-matter, polymer, and biological physics
- Materials science and nano science (e.g., structure, dynamics, electronic structure, multi-scale methods)
- Fluid dynamics, turbulence, nano-fluidics, magnetohydrodynamics
- Quantum many-body physics (e.g., lattice models, ground states, quantum-criticality, novel methods)
- Quantum computation
- Lattice field theory in particle and nuclear physics
- Astrophysics, space-plasma physics, gravitation, cosmology
- Computational-physics education
- Novel hardware and software paradigms (e.g., GPU computing, cloud computing, the path to exa-scale computing)
The Proceedings of CCP2014 will be published in Journal of Physics: Conference Series.
March 11, 2014
- Discounted (“early bird”) on-line registration opens, abstract submission opens
June 1, 2014 (extended to June 15)
- Abstract submission for contributed talks closes (open for posters until July 31)
June 2, 2014
- full-price registration fee applies
July 1, 2014
- Decisions on contributed talks/posters sent to authors.
July 31, 2014
- Program posted on-line, on-line registration ends (extended to Aug. 4).
August 10, 2014
- On-site registration starts in the afternoon.
November 10, 2014
- Deadline for submission of manuscripts for the Proceedings.